Name:

37, college grad, 2x married, one son, one stepdaughter, four cats, one idiot dog, one very small house and small garden.

Thursday, June 10, 2004

So Proud I Could Pop!

Today is a glorious day. On the one hand...on the other hand, it royally sucks. Let's take care of the bad news first: today was the last day of school. The kids are going to be home largely non-stop for the next ten weeks. Hold me! I'm scared.

BUT!! And this is a big but, the way buts usually are. I am thrilled to announce that my kids are brilliant. I mean no disrespect to anyone else's kids, but mine are truly gifted. I opened Courtney's report card this afternoon and literally shouted, "Holy Crap!" because the card contained only A's. STRAIGHT A's. I was probably more excited than she was. (Now, we still have some major work to do on the behavioral and citizenship aspects, but the academics are pretty solid.)

My son Connor had a C- in science last term...this term he brough it up to a B! I was stoked. And the rest of his grades...you guessed it! STRAIGHT A's! Whoo-hoo! And he got all outstandings in citizenship and behavior. I am so happy for him, as he has worked very hard to keep his grades up.

This is one of those days when you feel like you'd give your kids anything out of gratitude for making you feel so good. I feel as though we must have done something right lately, although most days I feel like I do everything wrong. But not today! Today is all about making brownies and barbequeing steak and waiting for dark so we can do smores on the grill.

There are days when parenting is the best job on the planet. I'll talk about the other days some other time. I'm going to be too busy cooking treats for my brilliant kids today.

Ciao!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home