Name:

37, college grad, 2x married, one son, one stepdaughter, four cats, one idiot dog, one very small house and small garden.

Monday, May 31, 2004

Not a clue, but what's new?

Hey friends and neighbors...

I read about blogs last night and of course I HAD to see what the commotion was about. I feel I might be in trouble. As I have recently given up smoking, my kids get annoyed if I spend more than my alloted two hours a day on the Quitnet. They seem to feel they have waited long enough for my attention, and I don't blame them. If I have a blog to update as well...oh, my goodness. This could go pear-shaped. Then again, since I have no idea what I'm doing here, I might give this up as a bad job. Who knows?

Quitting smoking has been an interesting experience. I think this is the first time I've ever honestly wanted to quit. Since my wonderful Grandma Jane has a smoking related illness, it felt almost disrespectful to continue puffing away. I had one false start, got the help I needed, and I've been smober for 56 days now. Hubby Bruce, a.k.a. Wyatt Earp, has been very supportive. (However, we are going to have a TALK about the cigar bands in my garden and the dibs left in the ashtray. I mean HONESTLY! Would you leave an open beer in front of a newly recovering alcoholic?? I think not.) But every once in a while if I say something about having a craving he kind of gets this TONE in his voice. I think he's afraid I'll start smoking again. Things are so much better with demon nicotine out of the house that I can understand any fears he may have. I have them myself! I think the two best things about quitting are: I'm a lot less cranky with the kids than I used to be because I don't resent them interrupting my smoking time...I don't have smoking time. I have tea time now, and you can always nuke a cup of tea and go back to it later. And number two: the animals absolutely adore me! The cats are my constant companions now. The first week after I quit, they kept sniffing me and rubbing up against me...I think they hated the way I smelled before. Now that I smell like me...boy! I am the cat's pajamas!

Read you tomorrow!
Shelly

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home